Established in 1998, Grand River Snowmobile Club is an incorporated, not-for-profit club which aims to see a system of national standard trails established in the Upper Lake Melville area.
In their first year the club was successful in designing and developing approximately 120 kilometers of trail using monies procured from a variety of sources, mainly government.
While the backbone of GRSC needs to rely on a strong membership, we will utilize funding from the recently established Labrador Winter trails strategy to further develop its trail system. This strategy is a multi-million dollar fund that was set up to see a region-wide system of winter trails developed.
Our executive, officers and volunteers:
- Promote the use of groomed trails in the Upper Lake Melville Area as well as safety minded snowmobiling.
- Organize and host visits from other snowmobile clubs (such as those from Labrador, West White Wolf Snowmobile Club, Fremont, and across North America).
- Construct and maintain snowmobile trails to a national standard in terms of signage, trail quality and safety features, i.e. survival shelters, marked crossings on roads and highways.
- Establish and maintain a clubhouse and groomer garage.
- Organize and conduct snowmobile safety seminars and courses.